Peer Reviewed Publications
- Bold your name and first initial
- Maintain consistency in entries
- Article titles: do not capitalize every word - only proper names
- Info is consistent in each: volume numbers, PMIDs, etc.
- Check PubMed for correct journal abbreviations
- Check that author names are spelled correctly, in published order, title is exact, page numbers are correct, etc.
- Verify correct citations via PubMed or online source
Abstracts and Presentations
- Abstracts section should include any presentation made after an abstract was submitted to a conference or meeting and accepted for presentation (in-house or outside)
- Include and list all authors just as you would for a publication
- Bold your name/initials
- List any presented abstracts, whether you were the presenter or not
- List the meeting by its official name: no abbreviations for the organization, check website to be sure of official meeting name
- List meeting location (if not virtual), month and year
- Noting "virtual" meetings is fine, but not necessary
- Presentations are NOT abstracts – they are invited talks
- Generally, there are single-author presentations; but if co-authors, list them and bold your name
- Presentation titles should be in title case, not lower case like publications and abstracts
- Follow format of meeting, place, date just like in the Abstracts section
When to add scholarly works
- Publications can be added while being written, after submission, undergoing revision, or accepted for publication - just be sure to update as needed
- Physician AM, Rosenberg M, Peterson A. Effects of obesity on COPD. In preparation.
- Brady T, Physician AM, Al-Ani M. Cardiac amyloidosis: a case report and review of the literature. Submitted, Clin Cardiol, April 2022.
- Brady T, Physician AM, Al-Ani M. Cardiac amyloidosis: a case report and review of the literature. Clin Cardiol, provisionally accepted April 2022, undergoing revision.
- Physician AM, Rosenberg M, Peterson A. Effects of obesity on COPD. J Clin Ther, accepted for publication, April 2022.
- Abstracts can be added as soon as submitted; this shows that you have written an abstract on a study/project, and that it is under consideration for presentation. Be sure to update once accepted (remove “Submitted”), or delete from CV if not accepted.
- Physician AM, Zhou C, Thomas K. Exercise for dialysis patients. Submitted, American Dialysis Association Annual Meeting. Chicago, IL, November 2022.
- Presentations can be added as soon as you have been invited to present. List them under “Presentations” as soon as you have a title, even when the date is in the future.